Holiday Gifts for the Health and Fitness minded
As the holidays roll around, we consumers are constantly bombarded by all types of products that will make us look and feel better, elevate our fitness results to another level and so on. With the barrage of new technologies and innovative products, it’s hard to hone in on exactly what a good gift to give is.
Holiday shopping is hard – no doubt about it. With signs about sales and the latest and greatest abound, here is a list of the Top Sixteen Holiday Gifts for the health and fitness minded.
1. Bogs Amanda Plush, $100 – Not only are these boots 100% waterproof and lined for warmth, there is dual density EVA footbed and gel cushioning which makes it comfortable for long walks and hikes. So easy to pull on and off, this is great for the avid hiker or the walking commuter.
2.Bogs Men's Casper Lace Boots, $165 – Practical and durable, these boots are 100% waterproof and a great gift for outdoor enthusiasts.
3.Mammut Chamuera HS Thermo Hooded Parka, $350 Mammut products are known for their function, innovation and style. With Swiss heritage and a brand history of 155 years old, Mammut is one of the oldest outdoor companies in the world. This parka is sure to keep you warm and dry on long hikes, cross country skiing or in between studios.
4.Mammut Nordwand Pro HS Hooded Jacket, $800 I absolutely love this jacket! Lightweight and durable, this 3-layer GORE-TEX® Pro garment is made from ultra-hard-wearing, extremely breathable material that provides waterproof and windproof protection.
5.Mammut Men's Runbold HS Thermo Hooded Jacket, $325 – Lightweight and comfortable for training on the slopes or keeping dry on runs.
7.New Balance 247 Luxe Vest, $94.99 – Whether on the go or just hanging out at home, this vest is lined with fleece and has functional zippers along the sides to create a more dressy or casual look.
8.New Balance Favorite Tunic, $84.99 – Soft and warm, this layering piece is great for to and from the studio. The fabric is super plush and the tunic length is flattering for all figures.
9.New Balance Fresh Foam Cruz, $79.99 – These lightweight sneakers perform without being bulky and easily slip on. Perfect for keeping active on short or long runs and adventurous hikes.
10.Aladdin EarthscapesEarthscapes™ Fresco Twist & Go Vacuum Bottle | 20oz, $24.99 – Not only are these bottles leak proof, they keep drinks cold 10 hours and iced for 18 hours! The company has partnered with The Nature Conservancy to advance sustainability worldwide. The packaging on these bottles highlight the preservation of the Emerald Edge, which is the largest intact coastal rainforest remaining in the world. Many colors available.
11.Lectra glove battery heated gloves, $29.99 available at Turtlefur – Not only are these gloves perfect for runners, they are great for hunting, ice fishing, hiking and sporting events. The Electrical insulation system will help keep hands warm for up to 6-8 hours.
12.Stanley Classic Water Bottle, $20 – This water bottle is great for hikers and runners alike. The bottle is leak proof, dishwasher safe and can keep drinks cold for up to 8 hours.
13. Model Bakery English Muffins, $8-$40 – Of course I had to try these English muffins since this is my favorite type of bread that I like to indulge in from time to time! These fresh ones were on Oprah’s holiday must haves list 2 years in a row and it’s no mystery why: they are absolutely soft, fresh and delicious. It’s a great gift for the active person who likes to indulge once in a while.
14. For fitness and travel buffs who are on the go from ski resort to chalets, Moral Code has the perfect assortment. My favorites are the Graham Weekender, $598-$798 which looks compact, but can hold a lot and the Crosby Shopper, $198. Both bags are premium leather and have protective feet.
15. Nau is celebrating its 10-year anniversary and was started by a group of brand, retail and product designers who wanted to create a new kind of business. Nau’s product is about versatility and function: their merchandise combines technical fabrics for outdoor performance with modern designs and tailored finishing. I am in love with their Wool down stole, $330 which combines a sensible chic with cozy warmth. Along with a waterproof, breathable hard shell, the Quintessentshell jacket, $245 can perform while looking fashionable.
16. And let’s not forget about the little ones! For kids who are active and health focused, Kidbox offers premiere apparel brands such as Diesel, Jessica Simpson, Adidas, Puma, DKNY and 7 For All Mankind that are selected for each child based on their style preferences. What’s even better is that for every KIDBOX purchased, a new clothing item is donated to a child in need. Kidbox is $98 for a full box that is kept and there is also a box for baby at $58. The great thing about giving this as a gift is that if the recipient doesn’t like the box, returns are easy.
For more information: